@ A.E. Harris is a large multi-purpose venue that is actually a vacated portion of a factory. Situated in The Jewellery Quarter (not far from St. Paul’s Square) it is suitable for many different styles of performance. As well as hosting numerous visiting companies, festivals and arts events it is also home to Stan’s Cafe Theatre Company. A unique venue.
110 Northwood Street
@ A.E. Harris is the home of Stan’s Cafe theatre company. In 2008 Stan’s Cafe took up the offer of a recently vacated portion of the A E Harris & Co (Birmingham) Ltd. factory for a six week period to stage one of their productions. Audiences responded so enthusiastically to the venue and Stan’s Cafe liked it so much that talks were initiated between them and the metal fabricators with a view to securing the space for performance on a long term basis. The ambition was for this space to provide a location for devising, rehearsing and presenting Stan’s Cafe shows and to provide a space for other regional theatre makers to devise and present work.
@ A.E. Harris is suitable for seated performances to a capacity of 50. It is a very unique performance venue which is popular with both performers and audiences alike and throughout the year it hosts a range of productions both from Stan’s Cafe and other visiting companies.
Somewhere that’s different and a great use of space.
For Birmingham Fest prices for @ A.E. Harris click below:
- "A Positive Life / Dystopia" by Autin Dance Theatre - 14/07/2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
- "Comedy Extravaganza" by Willis The Poet - 16/07/2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- "Something About England" by The Archbishop - 17/07/2017 - 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm
- "Neighbourhood Watch" by Grimm Up North - 22/07/2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- "S/he/it Happens" by Le Juice - 30/07/2017 - 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm